Hair stylist and all around great dad, Roy Teeluck had the chance to style his teenage daughter, Jade, for her upcoming prom.
Once you find the perfect prom dress, the next step is usually deciding how to do your hair! So Seventeen turned to Roy to get the inside scoop on the
loose waves trend that's easy to create yourself. Plus, find out the best hair secrets her dad has ever shared with her...
Jade's Prom Hairstyle Inspiration:
"For prom I wanted something sophisticated, simple, and sexy, that was also modern. In New York City for prom, girls don't necessarily want something too 'done-up,' like a traditional up-do, because we live in a very modern city. I also didn't want a style that I would have to worry about fixing throughout the night or anything too perfectly polished. When it comes to my hair, I like a messy, sexy look. For prom hair, keeping it simple is the best way to go."
- On damp hair, apply a styling mouse for extra volume.
- Blow dry hair in small sections with round brush, then wrap section in loose curl and pin as you go.
- Once entire head is dry, undo pins and flip hair over. Â Use smoothing cream (Roy suggests L'OrÃ¨al Professionnel's Smooth Essence) and run through hair gently with your fingers.
- Flip head over, and use a flat brush around the face to add more polish.
- Create a deep-side part, gathering hair towards side of head and securing top layers with bobby pins.
- Use a light hairspray for manageable hold. Roy's favorite is L'OrÃ¨al Professionnel's Infinium 3 Hairspray.
Seventeen wanted to know:
17: What's it like having a major celeb hairstylist for a dad?Jade: I love it! I get to meet a ton of really amazing people and my hair always looks great! Although his schedule gets hectic sometimes because he has to travel, I get to tell my friends that my dad is doing hair for people they know and love. My favorite part about my dad being a celebrity hairstylist is knowing that I'll never have a bad hair day!
17: Of all the hair advice he's given you, what stands out? Jade: To never over-use product. Too much product can give your hair a greasy, flaky appearance, and that's never a good look! Over-styling and using too much product can also damage your hair.
17: Which hair trick do you use every day?
Jade: The best trick I learned from my dad was how to make my hair super-shiny. After I finish blow drying, I switch the temperature to â€˜cool' and dry my hair for about two to three minutes, this makes my hair shiny and super-soft!